Do it all yourself or rely on a specialized company? Rules and advice to move house on the cheap, without stress or inconvenience …
The stress of the move. The three main causes of stress: bereavement, separation and removal (from a survey of Italian Psychology Association).
How to tackle a move. The best way to tackle a move is to prepare early. This will decrease the workload on the days of the transfer and spending less, being able to choose the cheapest offer.
Alone or with a company? The first decision: to move on their own or rely on a specialized company. In the first case definitely spending will be lower, but you must have the manual dexterity skills, help from friends or family members and furniture not too bulky to carry. moversinhoustontx.net
The move do-it-yourself. Here’s what to do-it-yourself is necessary for a move:
• a van. If you book in advance costs 60/80 USD per day with unlimited mileage. A van of 14 cubic meters capacity allows you to make a move for a house of 50 square meters with only two trips;
• boxes (typically 30 × 40 cm and 40 × 50 cm) and tape wrapping (read all rules for canning);
• tape bubble wrap (bubble wrap);
• old blankets and ropes to tie the furniture in the van.
Disassembles and assembles. The most complicated part of the move do-it-yourself is the dismantling and reassembly of furniture, in particular kitchen (many blogs and specialized sites recommended to leave it to the new tenant, if you do not have an excessive value).
The economy of the boxes. Alan Greenspan, when he was head of the Federal Reserve, he wanted to see how the first economic indicator cardboard consumption with which they make the moving boxes, “because the greater the consumption of cardboard, there are more moving, more apartments are changed or occupied and the economy grows. “
The inventory, the first thing to do. In case you want to rely on a firm, the first thing you need to do an inventory of everything you have to carry and what you can eliminate. It is then good to ask an estimate to as many companies as possible. In most cases you can have an estimate of the online expenses: among many removal sites include: www.traslochi-online.it, www.traslocare.com, www.iotrasloco.it.
Reduce services, the secret of moving low-cost. For a low-cost move it is necessary to reduce the bone the requested services to the company:
• give up packaging service, which costs on average € 20 per hour or € 03.02 per box (up to 10 USD for the larger boxes);
• give the disassembly and reassembly of furniture, so are asked 20/25 € per hour;
• bring the cartons closed on street level to save time and money.
We combine removals. www.traslochinazionali.org aggregates more moving in the same day in the same area of the city. This kind of service obviously requires a more flexible schedules to by the customer, but allows you to save up to 30%.
Practical advice. Some tips to save money and not have negative surprises:
• avoid the months when it is more frequent change of home (June, July and September) allows you to save 10-15%;
• make a list of objects to carry, making it approved by the head of the firm;
• photograph or film all objects before you pack them, if they break in transportation, and test the appliance in the presence of the person responsible;
• If after the move you notice that your furniture has been damaged, you have eight days to send a registered letter to the company that carried out the work;
• ensuring fragile or valuable items: on average the cost of insurance is 1% or 2% of the value of the load. You can take out a policy directly with the company that makes the move or with external insurance.
Additional costs. If you can not deliver the furniture through stairs or elevator, you need to hire a truck: the cost is 300-400 USD per day, including the technician who maneuver. Then if you move from city to city, the soaring prices: on average 1 / 1.50 USD for every kilometer to go. For example, the additional cost for a move from Rome to Milan is 600/900 USD.
If the mover is abusive. Attention to rely on not serious companies. In case of control by firefighters or police, if the mover is abusive it risks the seizure of furniture.
Moving with plants and animals. If you have animals or plants, it is unwise to entrust transportation to a company, the better deal in person. However, there are companies that provide, at extra cost, an ad hoc service (www.italianmovingnetwork; www.traslochionline.it).
Moving with children. Moving is a big change especially for the little ones. We should first talk to the time of the change, give reasons, describe the new apartment. Visit the new home before the little help to adapt. If you can not go in person, the pictures of the site can serve.
Lost items. Marisa Tomei during moving he lost the Oscar won in 1993 for My Cousin Vinny.
Ecological relocation. More and more people trying to respect ecological criteria during the move. Here are some of the precautions:
• renting reusable plastic crates and reusable rather than cardboard. They do not generate garbage and do not crush.
• use less newsprint possible to wrap delicate items, or use recycled paper (which by the way does not stain objects);
• if using cardboard and paper boxes, make sure that the moving company take charge of disposing of these materials in authorized recycling centers;
• If possible, share the move with other people using the same truck.